Saturday, March 14, 2009

honestly.

Honestly, lately I've been feeling like I'm not doing my best. This whole quarter flew by, I can't believe Monday will be my Winter Quarter Exit Conference.

I was thinking to myself, have I really improved since last quarter? Have I done what I said I was going to work on? Have I really fulfilled my Fall Quarter goals?

Honestly, I like the kids in my second placement and I love my new cooperating teacher.. but I've been feeling like I spent this past month just going through the motions. It's hard coming into a new environment when the class and the teacher have already established a class community before you even showed up. I'm lucky that my kids are for the most part well-behaved and that they don't have an attitude with me, but I just feel as though my classroom management has gone out the door.


Honestly, student teaching is mostly being someone else's you-know-what. At the end of the day, no matter how "supportive" they are, no matter how "good" you are.. it's their classroom. But you just have to suck it up and get through to the end of the year. Is it June yet?

I feel so tired and weak lately that everything just gets to me. I'm extremely sensitive, more than usual! So even the smallest bit of constructive criticism just sends me feeling.. bleh.

I've just been focusing on the fortune cookie I had one day that said: Your hard work will pay off soon. When I first got it, I knew it would be my motivating quote of the year. It's what keeps me going to the next day. Don't get me wrong, I love what I do (actually more like will do in my own classroom!), but this quarter just sucked the life out of me.

The past two weeks were extra stressful with my Math PACT due and our Integrated History-Social Science/Literature Unit due.

Until last night, I did not sleep more than 3 hours every night. I was about to break down. But I feel much better now. Got to see friends and relax.. and then sleeeeep last night.

Woke up this morning feeling good that I didn't have a THING to worry about.
My mom and dad are here visiting and that makes me happy.
And if this day couldn't get any better....

I check my e-mail. This is what my supervisor said:

Laura,
You’ve done a truly outstanding job in preparing this unit! I’m very proud of your
product and you should be also. You’ve shown me that you understand how and when to use a variety of strategies and activities to ensure that your students understand what life in Ancient Egypt was like. Good job of including Kagan Cooperative Learning Strategies.

Enjoy your weekend. Not only did you finish on time, it's an outstanding job. Thank you for taking the time to develop such an excellent product!



Honestly, I really needed to hear this. :)


2 comments:

heysupernay said...

awwww! YAY! I like the message that your supervisor sent!

Last night was the most I've slept as well these past 3 and a half weeks! This quarter's winding down, and I know its been stressful, but if we get more times like last night in the future (maybe even better than that) then we'll be wonderful! BITE THE BULLET! I love you!!!!!!!! see you manana!!!!

SAMSON! said...

Good job Lllaura =). Yeah, I read blogs.