Tuesday, October 14, 2008

let me clear the confusion.



People have been asking what exactly I do in this program.

I am a student teacher.

No, it is not the same as a tutor.
No, it is not the same as a T.A.

I am not giving the students extra help, nor am I just the main teacher's "assistant."

I am my students' "second teacher." I teach. I plan full lessons and I am on my own with the class while my master teacher [their "real" teacher] observes me and writes formal observations regarding:
  • my classroom management
  • time management
  • how I am supporting the learning of English Language Learners, RSP students, etc.
  • things I could work on, and so much more.

I am a student teacher. I am learning to teach through this process. And, I am going to school and taking classes while doing so! So I am a student AND a teacher!

Let me say it again, I teach. The only difference is, I don't get paid to do so.



Another thing...

This quote: "Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach."
Can someone knock some sense into this guy?
If we couldn't do something, how could we possibly teach it?
Is it just me, or do we all need to appreciate our teachers more?



How else would you be reading this?

1 comment:

heysupernay said...

ohhhh so... u shud tel ur stdntz 2 stop txting it mkz dem stpd.