Wednesday, October 29, 2008

finally.

Alright, some good news. My fingerprint clearance FINALLY came in today! Which is ironic because they called while I was teaching, and the sub answered the phone to take the message. Pretty much, if it cleared yesterday, then I could have gotten paid for teaching today. But no, instead, they had to hire someone to sit and get paid. Err. Oh well, at least now I wont have to worry about that.

Today was really weird. The kids were just out of it, and so was I. The story that we're reading in Language Arts right now is so boring. It's about a park ranger, and every time we read more of it I find myself asking the same things over and over again. The story is SO short and boring that it is so hard to engage the students. I don't even like it!

The strategy focus for the story is to evaluate, so I asked the students to do so. One came up with, "my evaluation of the story is it is boring and I don't like it." Haha.


The weeks have been going by so fast, I can't believe it. Good in one way, but a pain because there is so much to do. I still haven't uploaded my context commentary which should have been done two weeks ago [although the deadline isn't really until December]. Still though, that assignment reminds me that I should not let anything else fall behind.

Man, I'm so lazy. I want to take a nap! Anyway, shoutouts to Nay and Robert because I know you read this. Haha. :)


Before I go, enjoy the artwork that two of my students gave to me.






2 comments:

Tal said...

Yo love, i read this too!!!!

heysupernay said...

hahaha! that is a scary drawing... it will haunt you in the middle of the night.