Tuesday, November 18, 2008

crazy.

It's hitting me that this is the last week of November that I will be teaching. Then we have Thanksgiving week off and we come back and it's already December?!

So that means I have about one month left with my second graders before I change placements and go to -- dun dun dunnnn -- upper grade!

The kids are seriously so big and tall.. it's intimidating when I think about it. I know that I just need to set the tone from the beginning that I am their second teacher and I just can't show that I'm nervous. I guess it's just the fact that there's going to be a big jump in the curriculum. But oh well, I've always believed that what is meant to be will be. That I am going to be placed in a certain classroom, with a certain teacher and certain students -- for a reason. It's so much easier to just take life as it comes and just deal. Life is not perfect -- we have to work every minute of every day.

Rob and I used to talk about wanting to be "incredibly happy." I've learned that happiness or anything positive in life is nothing without the journey. Be thankful for the times in life that changed you for the better. And the things that helped you to appreciate the good things that you have.

I can't wait for Thanksgiving.. I miss my family. What I really miss the most is being a kid. But don't we all?

Anyway, I just wanted to come and do a quick post since I haven't in a while. I also wanted to post my fortune from the fortune cookie I ate earlier.

"Your efforts will be worthwhile."

Definitely fits with what I've been thinking about.. and reminds me to keep pushing through. I can't wait to look back on this year, but at the same time -- I need to remember to experience it.

No comments: