Tuesday, September 16, 2008

and so it begins.


mood:
entertained

I'm currently watching "Knocked Up" for the ten billionth time. Ah, I love this movie. :).


So, today Karen and I started the morning routine in our teachers' classrooms. We both walked over to the playground, picked up our kids, wished each other luck [Haha, :)] and then headed to our classrooms.

I took roll and did the lunch count easily, but the hard part was submitting the information online since there are so many different things to click on. Mrs. T helped me with it though, so it was alright. I was supposed to do the flag salute after, but it totally slipped my mind since we haven't been doing it regularly anyway. So, next I had to check three different homework assignments. I stamped their "Dragon Gets By" homework, checked to make sure they read their assigned reading books and had their parent sign the form, then we all checked the Math homework together.

The Math worksheet was confusing since there were two different columns and they weren't all numbered, but we got through it. I almost forgot to pass the new homework back out, but luckily Mrs. T reminded me. After that, we put everything away and did the flag salute. The whole morning wasn't too bad, we got through it, and now I know what I won't forget tomorrow! [Hopefully!]

Later on during the day, we had a few students who had problems with the Math lesson. The assignment was to make certain problems up after they were given an answer. For example: Write one addition problem and one subtraction problem to get 11.

This was confusing for one girl who has no number sense. I was trying to help her write a number sentence and we came up with 10 + ____ = 10, but she couldn't come up with what was supposed to go into the blank. I tried different strategies to help her and eventually she got the correct answer, but I'm not sure that she understood enough for the idea to stick in her mind. Hopefully we can make more progress tomorrow.


It's really hot right now, so I shall end this post here and go do some reading for seminar. Be back tomorrow!



"It's always the little decisions that have the biggest impact.
Do it because you love it. Then it's not a job."
- Mark Cuban


No comments: