Tuesday, September 23, 2008

i did it.


mood:
satisfied


Yep, that's right. I survived teaching my first lesson. Today I taught the "Tens to 100" lesson during Math. I didn't look at my watch until 10:55am, when I realized, "crap, I'm teaching in five minutes." Haha. It wasn't too bad since the kids are really great and I was pretty comfortable.

So it was about two minutes into the lesson and in walks the principal. He does this everyday, but at different times, but I'm thinking "of course he walks in while I'm teaching my first lesson, great!" :/. [Better than him walking in while I'm doing nothing though, I suppose.].

Anyway, we got through the lesson pretty fast and I only blanked out once for like two seconds when I was writing on the board. It really is harder than you think to write something up on the board while you're figuring it out in your head. But yeah, I figured it out and we got through it. The students even finished their independent practice pretty quickly and they did it correctly!

After Math is lunch, so after the lesson we were getting ready to go and my master teacher told me I did a great job and that the lesson went smoothly, so I was relieved. She also gave me a paper with some notes which I still have to read. One student gave me a thumbs up and then started clapping so Mrs. Tyler said, "yeah, let's give her a round of applause -- that was her first time teaching, didn't she do a good job?" The students said "yes" and they all started applauding, it was pretty funny.


Overall, good first experience. Tomorrow I won't be as nervous!
Okay, time to take a nap before I do some homework. Hope everyone has a great day, be back tomorrow! :)



"There are many wonderful things that will never be done if you do not do them."
- Charles D. Gill


2 comments:

heysupernay said...

::CLAPS:: yay i'm proud of you miss SARMEMENTO!!!! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Why didn't I read your blogs before? Well I just started to since I got one.. but it's so nice to hear what goes on in the classroom and what you're doing. I'm so proud of you Ms. S! :)

Hella inspiring. HAHA I'm practicing being from the bay.